Cut delivery costs by 16% and drastically reduced order fulfillment time.
- Pip Vassett, Owner
Inspired by sleep-ins, breakfast in bed and staying in your pyjamas all day, IN BED makes beautiful bedding from beautiful fabrics made to be lived in, loved in and snuggled up to. Since launching their online store in 2013, IN BED has experience considerable growth. With so much passion and creative energy going into creating gorgeous linen, shipping was the one aspect of the business that had been on the “to do” list but never got much attention.
Reduce shipping costs and simplify delivery booking and tracking
Having grown the business into a well known and loved brand, IN BED needed to find a shipping solution that would save them time and money so they could continue to focus on creating amazing products and experiences for their loyal customers.
- Shipping Costs:With every significant increase in AusPost’s parcel delivery rates, IN BED needed to make a choice between charging customers more for delivery or wear the impact on profit margins.
- Missed Deliveries:At the mercy of Australia Post’s prepaid satchel service, IN BED customers were unable to track the progress of their delivery. For a great portion of customers, the experience often ended in a missed delivery.
- Customer Complaints:Customer enquiries led to IN BED needing to launch investigations with AusPost direct to investigate the whereabouts of missing parcels, meaning loads of time spent waiting for an answer and dealing with irate customers.
Discounted shipping rates and an amazing delivery experience for customers
IN BED ships all online orders to customers using Shippit’s approved carrier network. The retailer is now in control of the end-to-end delivery experience for their customers, leaving nothing to chance.
- Reduced Shipping Costs:IN BED saves money on shipping costs as a result of switching over to Shippit’s discounted shipping rates. Because shipping is handled by faster courier companies, delivery ETAs have also been turbocharged to same or next business day for the price of snail mail in metro areas.
- Delivery Delay Avoidance:Shippit’s delivery delay avoidance system ensures IN BED are informed of problematic deliveries before their customers even notice. Rather than waiting for a customer complaint to trigger an investigation – Shippit proactively solves issues on behalf of the retailer.
- Experience Ratings and Feedback:At the end of each delivery Shippit asks recipients to rate their experience – its either ‘Good’ or ‘So, So’ there’s no in between. This data is used to improve the service provided by carriers and also helps IN BED understand what customers really thought about their end-to-end shopping experience.
After making the switch to Shippit, IN BED experienced:
- A 16% reduction in domestic shipping costs, for heavier local deliveries this stands at around a 50% saving per delivery
- A 98% reduction in queries relating to missing parcels
- A satisfaction rating of 99.5% on all deliveries sent through Shippit – driven by door to door delivery and eliminating the need for customers to collect their purchases from the Post Office.
Pip Vassett, Owner, In Bed